A checklist all Judges must have regard to when deciding to make a Section 8 Order under the Children Act 1989:
- the wishes and feelings of the child
- the child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
- the likely effect on the child of any change in circumstances
- the child’s age, sex, background and any other of his or her characteristics which the court considers relevant
- any harm which the child has suffered or is at risk of suffering
- how capable each parent (and any other relevant person) is of meeting the child’s needs
More information can be found here.