A solicitor is a legal professional who you will deal with day-to-day in respect of your case. A solicitor will be your first point of contact, and will deal directly with the Local Authority’s solicitor and the Children’s Guardian’s solicitor. If Care Proceedings are issued, you will be automatically entitled to Legal Aid and should seek legal representation immediately. You can find a solicitor in your area here.